Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
RITE: Windows AntiVirus Daily Test
The procedure performed by automated night tests in order to check Windows invisibility.
► Phase A - Setup
1. create a new user on the target PC. Remember that using a Virtual Machine is not possible without server modifications;
2. install AV by using the AV-specific configuration described in the KB and update its signatures (and if possible its engine) to the latest version;
3. install all Important, Recommended and Optional Windows updates and reboot the machine;
4. turn completely off Internet and check with a browser that ID addresses 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 aren't reachable;
5. log in the server by using a user with all the roles enabled and member of the group test. This group has to be enabled in order to manage the operation AOP_Test;
6. delete completely the operation (by holding the shift key), then recreate it and create also a target inside it;
7. create a new Desktop factory and import the attached config_desktop.json as the configuration. Remember to set the anon in the sync module to one anon of the test server.
!!! ⇒ Automatic tests, as of now, use an advanced configuration for the scout which is now forbidden by the console; so manual tests are not 100% equals to automatic tests: in manual test is needed to use a basic configuration and push the provided configuration after the agent upgrade (to Elite). Regarding configuration, remember that the position is enabled and so it consumes Google Api quota.
► Phase B - Build and copy
1. build a Silent Installer (scout) agent and save the ZIP file:
2. copy the downloaded ZIP file from RCS downloads to the target (the destination folder is C:\AVTest\AVAgent\build.zip);
3. extract the agent into the folder C:\AVTest\AVAgent\build\windows\ (create the folder if necessary);
4. create a copy of each extracted file with the name %s.copy.exe by verifying that no copy error occurs due to AV detection;
5. wait for 15 seconds;
6. check that every extracted file or file copy is still present.
► Phase C - Run and scout instance
1. run the agent (in automatic tests the execution is launched by python.exe, so the behaviour may differ). In case of MELT test, the agent is copied in startup but is not launched; in this case:
2. wait for 300 seconds;
3. for up to 10 times (or when an instance is found) do:
4. if after the iterations there isn't a new instance, the test is failed;
5. check the level of the agent:
a. check again that the agent was installed into startup;
b. close the instance from the console;
c. TEST IS COMPLETE, GO TO Check uninstallation.
a. close the instance from the console;
b. TEST IS COMPLETE, GO TO Check uninstallation.
!!! ⇒ At this point we have a scout syncing.
► Phase D - Soldier, Elite and Demo
1. wait for 30 seconds;
2. log off and log on in Windows;
3. from now on, check if the AV on the target shows popups or other warnings;
4. press the Upgrade button on the server and check the popup. The popup should propose the expected upgrade (Elite, Soldier or not possible for blacklisted AV), otherwise the test is failed;
5. upgrade the agent (by confirming the upgrade in the popup);
a. move the mouse for 30 seconds;
b. wait for 60 seconds;
c. check in the console if the agent has reached the required level;
d. if the not upgraded and required level is Soldier, terminate all the running agent(s) and launch it again from startup;
e. click 10 times.
7. check in the console that the agent has reached the required level, then (for soldier) terminate the agent execution.
► Phase E - Check that further scout runs does not alter upper levels behavior
1. try to run again the scout (for Elite, Demo and Soldier);
2. for up to 10 times (or when the required level is reached) do:
► Phase F - Uninstallation
1. close the instance from the console;
2. check uninstallation. For up to 5 times or when uninstalled:
a. check startup dir (for executables and tmp files);
b. check registry key HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
► Phase G - Final check