Some notes about the Google geolocation service used to process
information obtained by the position module (cell phone, IP address) are
- The actual number of daily requests available to the customer is set within the license file (under the heading gapi); the default value is 100, but it could be increased if different economic agreements are reached.
- The gapi file in the directory C:\RCS\DB\config\ identifies the number of made requests.
⇒ Don’t tell the customers that they can delete it, otherwise the daily
counter starts from 0 and, if they find out, they can do more than 100.
- The config.yaml file in the directory C:\RCS\DB\config\ (under the heading POSITION) identifies whether the service is active or not. You have to edit this file (setting GOOGLE_API_KEY: <key>) if the customer has signed his own subscription to Google services.
- If the maintenance has expired, the service will not be available unless the customer has signed its own subscription.
- In the database log (in debug mode) you can display the number of
requests made to the service and position information processing.
!!! ⇒ The number of requests can be seen also when debug mode is off, using the command rcs-db-stats (that shows the requests made in the past weeks, days and hours).