Mentioned below are the operating systems that you can infect
offline; however you must also consider the backdoor requirements that
will later be installed on the machine.
You can infect only the following operating systems:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1;
- OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9 e 10.10;
- Linux Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, CentOS, Fedora, OpenSuse e Mageia.
Although we never encountered problems during lab tests, please follow some general advice:
- DVD infection - burn the ISO to a Imation DVD, at a speed not exceeding 4x (with other CD/DVD brands some customers have encountered boot problems);
- USB infection - copy the ZIP contents on a USB Key at least as big as 2 GB (see this article for more details about the creation of a bootable USB key).
Some BIOS settings may create problems, to prevent them you can:
- enter the BIOS;
- set hard disk mode to IDE;
- change the boot sequence so that the machine boots from CD/DVD or USB first (depending on the infection vector used);
- restart the computer and run the offline boot from CD/DVD or USB;
- at the end of the infection, restart the computer and restore the
previous BIOS configuration (restoring the original hard disk mode and
- restart the computer and try to load the operating system installed on the PC.
!!! ⇒ The type of agent installed on the target is chosen automatically based on the configuration of the target system. You can not force the installation of a particular agent type.