Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
Mount external drives for backup
When there is an external storage, you mount the volume as C:\RCS\DB\backup and the backup fails with an error message like Backup already exist. As advised by Alor, it is a known issue from 8.4.1 because of the update to MongoDB.
In order to mount the external driver:
1. mount the volume as some drive letter, e.g. F:\;
2. download the Juntion tool from Microsoft (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx);
3. link F:\ drive to C:\RCS\DB\backup with a symbolic link;
4. test backup again to see if successful.
Another solution is:
1. create a subfolder inside C:\RCS\DB\backup, let's name it C:\RCS\DB\backup\backup;
Unable to configure backup to Z:\
In our technical requirements document, for backup we recommend customers to have a SAN or NAS. However, backup will not work if its mounted as a network shared drive (e.g. SMB of NFS) since:
In order to overcome this issue, we just need to create a task in the task scheduler. Everything can be left in its default, just take note of these specific settings:
With respect to the above settings:
Attached files are the task that you can import directly into the task scheduler and the batch file.