BareTail, an application that lets you immediately view the content of several log files, is included in the RCS installation.
To run BareTail, enter:
You can specify the module log you want to see by using the -n option.
To check only the workers log do the following:
rcs-db-log -n worker
Log file content
Each record is identified by one of the following levels of severity:
- Fatal ⇒ RCS is not running and requires service (i.e.: no settings, no certificates).
- Error ⇒ There is a component error but RCS can guarantee main service coverage (i.e.: Master Node not running).
- Debug ⇒ It only appears if enabled upon
support service indication, increases and provides more details on log
records to resolve problems.
- Info ⇒ Information note.
Log analysis benefits
- Master Node ⇒ Check for problems in RCS Console.
- Collector ⇒ Check for the data transmitted by the agent.
- Carrier ⇒ Check for the data transmitted to the shards and Master Node.
- Module OCR ⇒ Check for any delays in indexing of extracted contents.
- Module Translate ⇒ Check for any delays in the contents translation.
- Network Controller ⇒ Check the status of Network Injector or Anonymizer.
- Network Injector ⇒ Check the run operations.
- Anonymizer ⇒ Check the data stream ingoing from the agent.