Search: Advanced search
Please enter a keyword or ID
How to install a new AV
This procedure is to be used whenever you need to support a new antivirus in the automated test system (Rite). The following describes, through the vSphere Web Client, the steps required to add a virtual machine.
Deploy the virtual machine:
1. log in to vSphere Web Client (https://172.20.20.126:9443/vsphere-client/);
2. in the section vCenter/Templates, choose the template from which you want to create the virtual machine, right click on it and select Deploy VM From Template;
3. follow the instructions for creating a virtual machine;
4. when asked, run the hardware and software customization;
5. choose Win 7 or Win 8 template configuration in order to automatically configure the virtual machine.
1. power on the virtual machine;
2. update the operating system (run the command wuauclt /UpdateNow);
3. enable the autologin option (run the script update_reg.bat that is on the Desktop);
4. register the operating system (if required);
5. copy the installer from your PC to the Rite share via smb or ssh (IP: 172.20.20.192, usr: smbusr, psw: smbpasswd123);
6. get access to the share from the virtual machine, find the installer and install the antivirus;
7. power off the virtual machine;
8. save a snapshot.
1. run the procedure INIT_UPDATE_MANUAL from Rite Master;
2. power off the virtual machine;
3. run the procedure FINALIZE_UPDATE_MANUAL from Rite Master in order to save the new snapshot;
4. change bios serial number:
uuid.bios = "aa aa aa aa aa aa aa aa-56 45 14 24 c8 64 f4 d3"
5. add the virtual machine name in Rite/AVCommon/commands/meta/VM_ALL.py.